Different Kinds of Water Damage in Niagara Falls
Don’t let your property be a victim of water damage, SERVPRO is only a call away.
SERVPRO Provides Water Damage Cleanup for All Types of Water
Many homeowners in Niagara Falls are unaware of the different types of water that may leak into their homes from various sources, causing water damage. Three main types of water are typically found in homes after a water leak.
- Clean water from rain, condensation, or from leaky plumbing
- Gray or dirty water from washing machines, dishwashers, or clean toilets.
- Black water includes raw sewage or flooding from rivers and streams.
SERVPRO provides water damage cleanup in Niagara Falls for all types of water found in homes, regardless of the source of the water. We use appropriate personal protective safety gear required for each type of water damage, including black water, which contains biological material, bacteria, and other contaminants. Our objective is to remove all moisture and contaminated materials and dry your home while providing a thorough cleaning. We aim to protect your family from any contaminated water and materials danger.
Clean water allowed to stagnate for twenty-four hours or longer often leads to mold growth.
SERVPRO responds in less than four hours from your call to assess the situation and immediately focus on removing water and moisture to avoid further damage. Our water mitigation initiatives help prevent secondary damage from water and moisture penetrating porous materials, avoiding warped floors, cabinets, and structures losing structural integrity.
We use high-capacity equipment to remove water and dry your home:
- Submersible pumps, water extractors for carpets and hardwood floors
- Dehumidifiers are strategically placed to lower humidity and remove moisture
- Air movers push dry air into humid spaces, further drying the affected area.
SERVPRO offers highly qualified technicians and state-of-the-art equipment to remove all types of water contamination from your home quickly.
Call SERVPRO of North Niagara County for water damage services. We provide service to Niagara Falls and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (716) 299-0330.
24/7 Skilled Fire Damage Help for Niagara Falls Property Owners
Our SERVPRO teams are ready and available to assist you with fire restoration in your North Niagara home or business at a moment's notice.
Call SERVPRO in Niagara Falls for Rapid Fire Damage Response
Whether you are a commercial property manager, business owner, or homeowner, a fire within your Niagara Falls property can deal a devastating blow. When you run a business or commercial property, you have to think about your employees' safety and bottom line. As a homeowner, you also have your family and the loss of cherished belongings on your mind. During this time, you have a trusted liaison in your corner when you enlist the help of SERVPRO to handle your fire remediation and cleanup needs. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster, helping property owners in the area pick up the pieces while also saving time and money on their fire cleanup project.
SERVPRO offers 24/7 response when called for fire damage in Niagara Falls. Hiring our skilled fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) will keep you from the possible risks of soiling and soot getting worse with just DIY methods alone. We arrive ready to get to work, assessing the property for safety and hazards, then moving through each affected area to bring you the results you deserve.
We Keep Our Customers Informed Throughout Each Step of Fire Damage Restoration
It is normal to have questions regarding contents restoration, handling structural damage, and how to go about your fire insurance claim. The SERVPRO team keeps you informed through every phase, addressing all questions and concerns to give you peace of mind that everything gets handled. We are also there to take care of detailed inventory and documentation for your home or business insurance claim so that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Fire Emergencies Don't Wait – We Are Available 24/7!
Our entire crew is IICRC-certified to handle every fire damage cleanup and restoration facet. We take on soot and smoke remediation, dispose of charred contents and building materials, etc. There will also be some water damage left behind from chemicals or water used by first responders putting out the fire in most fire situations. We have all the necessary equipment to address moisture, battle tough smoke odors, and return everything to pre-fire condition again, "Like it never even happened."
- Within hours of your initial contact with our customer care team, we arrive and begin assessment after your property gets cleared safe for entry.
- We begin with board-up and tarping to cover areas that require protection from the elements.
- Fire restoration efforts begin, inspecting structural elements, removing charred debris, and separating whatever requires disposal versus what can be salvaged using our cleaning methods.
- Dry or wet methods get used to clear away soiling and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surface areas.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting help ensure everything is clean, safe, and free of foul smoke odors.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Have That I Don't?
Something that sets skilled fire restoration apart from DIY methods is all of the latest equipment and technology we bring to each project. Some of the equipment and tools we have packed up on our Green Fleet of vehicles include:
- Water extraction tools – submersible pumps, weighted rovers, truck-mounted extractors, etc.
- Drying equipment – dehumidifiers, industrial fans, air movers, air scrubbers with HEPA filters, drying mats, etc.
- Cleaning agents – EPA registered cleaning solutions, deodorants, disinfectants, etc.
- Ozone technology and hydroxyl generators
- Odor control – ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers, thermal fogging equipment, deodorizing pellets/granules, etc.
With most fire-related incidents, reconstruction is necessary to fully restore areas to pre-fire condition. We may use controlled demolition to remove materials and replace them with new materials to finish everything off for a flawless finish. SERVPRO uses trusted vendors and contractors in the area to help us provide all customers with excellent results.
Whatever fire damage you are faced with at your home or commercial property, SERVPRO of North Niagara County is here 24-hours a day. Call us at (716) 299-0330 or request help online when you need it!
Niagara Falls Residents Deserve Efficient Water Damage Assistance
Our technicians are ready at a moment's notice to help your property in Niagara Falls with water damage restoration.
SERVPRO is Available for 24/7 Water Damage Calls in Niagara Falls
It is natural to reach for a mop and bucket or your shop vac whenever you have a water spill or appliance failure inside your home. However, having any standing water means that moisture often lurks in areas where the naked eye cannot see. This means that DIY is never the best course of action if you want your Niagara Falls property back to pre-water loss condition. SERVPRO is ready and able to make it “Like it never even happened” with our extensive skills and access to professional-grade restoration equipment.
Give Yourself Added Peace of Mind by Hiring Professional Water Removal Services
SERVPRO takes pride in being there for our residential and commercial customers. We strive to ensure the process is easy for you whenever you must deal with water damage in Niagara Falls. Our proven restoration methods and IICRC training help you to get back on track fast, whether you had burst pipes in the basement or a leaking roof from storms.
If you require help, our water restoration process follows a general timeline of events:
- You can make initial contact with our customer care team 24-hours a day, including nights and weekends.
- We ask for details about the water event, where you are located, and other information that helps us determine the right equipment to load onto our Green Fleet of vehicles.
- Our water restoration technicians (WRT) show up at your door where the crew chief does the initial assessment before planning how to proceed.
- The team mobilizes, working with industrial-grade tools to extract water, execute drying, and eliminate the possibility of mold and mildew growth.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster – Providing Safe, Efficient Water Damage Help
Standing water brings a host of potential hidden moisture issues, including everything from mildew and black mold development to costly secondary damage. We provide a prompt response so that water mitigation can begin as soon as the assessment and inspection are complete. Our crew chief devises a plan for the team to put the appropriate equipment in place to start drying as water removal services are underway. This plan also includes detailed calculations for the number of fans and dehumidifiers we need to achieve our drying goals.
Moisture Detection Tools At-The-Ready
Our technicians must work to restore relative humidity (RH) to normal levels with any water-related incident. RH is the measurement of water vapor in the air, which is imperative for monitoring to keep moisture from becoming a hindrance. Some of the tools we have in our arsenal to help us locate hidden moisture include:
- Thermal imaging
What About the Contents Throughout My Property?
There are many situations where our crew packs up and moves out items during the restoration so that water removal and drying can take place without anything in the way. We also use pack-out/move-out to relocate items to staging areas or our facility, where everything gets cleaned or safely stored until the project wraps up. Our team keeps meticulous records, so everything is inventoried and tagged, then moved back to your home into their rightful places.
Controlled Demolition to Address Unsalvageable Materials
Our controlled demolition techniques are an excellent option for reconstruction whenever you have damaged flooring, subfloor, drywall, and other materials that cannot get salvaged. Damaged materials get removed and disposed of according to local guidelines. Then, trusted area contractors handle installing new materials, and everything gets finished to restore your property to pre-water loss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
You can count on our highly-skilled crew at SERVPRO of North Niagara County when you have water damage. You can request help at your convenience online or give our customer care team a call at (716) 299-0330. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Never DIY Mold Damage – Call Pros to Your Niagara Falls Property
Mold damage in North Niagara can persist without expert services. Contact our certified SERVPRO team to assess the situation and remediate any damages
SERVPRO’s Mold Damage Assistance Is There for Niagara Falls Residents
Mold removal is something you may see listed on over-the-counter cleaning products or hear from a company claiming they can eliminate all the black mold in your Niagara Falls Property. However, it is not possible to entirely eradicate mold, but instead, mold remediation is best when handling the cleanup and damage. SERVPRO is available to carefully assess and clean your property whenever you have suspected mold infestation. This is detailed cleaning using trusted methods and the best equipment so that your interior gets the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval.
Should you start to detect musty odors or have visible mold damage in Niagara Falls, our IICRC-certified team is here at SERVPRO. We will ensure your interior gets thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and freshened to make it “Like it never even happened.
Why Not Spray the Mold and Clean It Myself?
Calling in the professionals ensures your safety and those within your home. Black mold can cause severe damage, so you want to have a skilled team handling the cleanup.
Fast facts about mold:
Mold spores are microscopic, and they are everywhere in the world around us. There are countless types of mold, both inside and outside. The tiny spores can get into your home via your home’s HVAC system, open windows, on your clothing, and even on your pets. Some facts to keep in mind include:
- Strong, musty odors are usually a tell-tale sign that mold is developing somewhere within your home. This colony could be in your basement, around bathroom fixtures, under cabinetry, or even behind walls where a hidden pipe leak is lurking.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and colonize rapidly in the right environment. All mold needs to multiply is moisture, warm temperatures, and an organic food source.
- Many people may have a hidden mold issue that develops due to poor ventilation or water damage that was not addressed thoroughly.
- The cause of the mold infestation must get handled with any mold cleanup and damage project; otherwise, the mold can come right back.
SERVPRO is Also Available for Commercial Mold Remediation
When it comes to mold projects and other restorations, SERVPRO takes pride in being locally-owned and operated with immense equipment at our fingertips. Our warehouses are filled with the latest tools of the trade to help us facilitate your mold cleanup fast. We understand that any period of downtime for your business puts your livelihood and your staff at risk. Once you make initial contact, we act quickly to mobilize a crew and our Green Fleet. We have the manpower to rise to the occasion for any size commercial project with our scalability.
Whether you have a mold issue in your apartment complex, retail location, or production facility, we arrive with equipment such as:
- Moisture detection tools like hygrometers, sensors, and meters help us measure moisture in the air.
- Infrared camera technology to help us locate areas of hidden moisture.
- Powerful dehumidifiers extract water vapor from the air.
- Specialized vacuums carefully pull up and trap tiny spores to keep them from dispersing.
- HEPA filtration is rigged with our air scrubber technology to extract odorous particulates from the air.
What Should I Do Until You Arrive for Mold Damage Cleanup?
You must try to stay out of any areas where mold is suspected. We also suggest that you:
- Never spray anything on the mold or disturb it with cloths or brushes
- Turn off your HVAC system or any fans
Before the project completes, our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) get to work by deodorizing and sanitizing all surfaces. We eliminate musty smells to ensure there is no lingering reminder of the mold infestation.
Why trust SERVPRO of North Niagara County for handling your mold damage? We take the time to ensure no stone gets left unturned, restoring your property to pre-mold condition. Call us at (716) 299-0330.
Fire Restoration for Wet Smoke in Niagara Falls Homes
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to help with fire restoration to your property.
Smoke Damage Fire Restoration Services
Smoke is one of the expected byproducts of combustion. Moist conditions cause a slow-burning fire, which can deposit thicker soot and smoke residues and soils on surfaces. The fast response of SERVPRO professionals can help manage these threats in your home and effectively clean up the damage wet smoke can cause.
How Does Wet Smoke Impact the House?
Wet smoke can create a significant challenge for fire restoration in Niagara Falls homes. The first step in cleaning up and restoring the damage of these disasters is understanding the impact on various materials and systems in your household. We carefully evaluate conditions when we arrive to ensure we use the most effective restoration and mitigation techniques to help. Impacted areas can include:
- Drywall – Soot and smoke solids can be forced into drywall under pressure during the fire. We work to clean up surfaces with solvents to avoid demolition.
- Flooring – Carpets and wood floors can both be heavily soiled by smoke damage. Restoring these flooring materials requires careful lifting of loose debris and focused cleaning.
- Contents – Soot-damaged contents often require cleanup off-site at our SERVPRO warehouse. We use ultrasonic tanks and ESPORTA Wash systems to clean your belongings.
Strong Odors Present with Damp Smoke
Another concern with wet smoke is how strong malodors connected with the damage can become. Sensitive surfaces can absorb these odor compounds, and molecules circulate the damaged portions of your property. Removing these strong smells incorporates several tools and machines, though the vapor delivery of thermal fogging can often have the most widespread impact when the house is not vacated.
Smoke damage exists in many forms, and wet smoke is among the most challenging. When thick residues overwhelm surfaces and contents, you can count on our fire restoration professionals to help. Call SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330.
Expert Storm Water Removal Services for Niagara Falls Residents
Disaster may strike at any time in Niagara Falls. Call SERVPRO for the storm damage restoration.
SERVPRO Safely Restores Your Niagara Falls Property During Flood Damage Restoration
Professional storm water removal services can guarantee the safety of your property when an unfortunate incident happens. If the storm is so severe, it is advised to immediately contact a certified restoration company to prevent further damage and ensure your normal operations resume within a short time. We are discussing how we handle some of the challenges associated with flood damage.
Slip and fall hazards are common when your Niagara Falls property suffers storm damage. Our SERVPRO technicians take several steps to deal with such challenges. To minimize the risk of falls and slips, we wear slip-resistant boots and gloves and, at the same time, place warning signs at strategic points to warn individuals of the impending dangers.
Additionally, we can do the following to prevent such hazards:
- We dry the floors and other surfaces to reduce the risks.
- Place slip-resistant mats as a way of increasing tractions in high-traffic areas.
- We use appropriate tools and techniques to dry the floor.
- We ensure there is proper lighting in the area.
Electrical hazards are also common during flood damage restoration. When the water comes into contact with electrical equipment or outlets, electrocution is dangerous. So, we turn off the electricity and provide alternative lighting. We also assess the building for possible structural instability, and where necessary, we shore up the walls and install temporary support beams.
Storm water usually carries a lot of sediments and contaminants and may end up being deposited within your property. We can use shovels and rakes to dig, grade, and remove the sediments. If the sediments are located in a big area, our SERVPRO team uses centrifuges to fasten the removal and disposal of the contamination.
Contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330 when you need storm water cleanup services after the disaster. We have the experience and expertise to determine the best tools and methods to excavate sediments, remove contaminants and ensure proper remediation. We make it "Like it never even happened."
We Remediate Mold Damage, Then Begin Restoration in Niagara Falls
All you need is SERVPRO for all your mold damage needs.
Making Homes Whole Through Mold Damage Restoration
After finding an infestation of mold in a Niagara Falls residence, mold remediation is only one task. After we reduce the amount of mold to within normal parameters, we need to complete the necessary mold damage restoration work, so it's "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO's method of performing mold damage restoration in Niagara Falls ensures that the entire house is inspected and evaluated. We want to prevent mold from making a comeback within your dwelling. Otherwise, rebuilding and restoration are futile exercises.
Because of this, we specifically:
- Treat with antimicrobials
- Continue removing mold particles and spores from the air
- Take measures to ensure new materials are mold-free
While blasting unfinished wood removes the mold from surfaces, we know such wood is extremely absorbent and thus highly susceptible to becoming infused with mold again. Making it less hospitable helps prevent future infestations, protecting the wood from the disintegrating nature of fungi. Materials surrounding areas where infested sections were removed are also prone to re-infestation. Antimicrobial sprays can kill remnant mold particles and keep new spores from forming new colonies.
Our air scrubbers grab more than dust as we work – they also retain microbes like mold and mildew and their spores. The air expelled by the scrubbers is clean, exactly what you want inside your home.
We wait to bring in new materials, storing them away from the home until remediation is finished. We keep them in their original coverings or at our warehouse until needed. We also treat these with antimicrobial agents. We know the same areas that once succumbed to mold experience a higher risk, and we want to reduce that as much as possible.
Installing a dehumidifier in your home can also help protect everything from future onslaughts by microbes. Call SERVPRO of North Niagara County at (716) 299-0330 to discuss this and other options available when you find mold and mildew.
Water Mitigation Services for Your Niagara Falls Home
Having an issue with fire damage in your home. Call SERVPRO for the help you need.
Choose SERVPRO for Your Water Cleanup Needs in Niagara Falls
The first step for water damage restoration in your Niagara Falls home, water mitigation, stops additional damage from happening and involves removal of water, moisture control, and drying of the structure.
Water mitigation for your Niagara Falls home can be considered an emergency response containing the initial impact. It minimized secondary water damage, like soaked drywall and buckled floors. SERVPRO has trained professionals who are always ready to respond to such an emergency. Performing mitigation first sets the stage for complete property restoration.
The Mitigation Process
- Inspection and Assessment – First, our technicians inspect your property and assess the level of damage and what type it is. We also do any needed emergency repairs and boarding up of the building.
- Water Extraction – Standing water is pumped from the property using a truck-mounted water extraction system. This effort is for flooding. We follow up with specialized vacuum equipment, removing residual moisture from porous surfaces.
- Structural Drying – This process involves industrial-grade equipment, like subfloor and wood floor drying systems, heavy-duty axial fans, high-volume air movers, and desiccant humidifiers.
- Stabilization of Property – We achieve this by using site-specific drying techniques, which minimize additional water damage. For example, the drying equipment can be centered on buckling floors or crumbling drywall. We can stabilize the property and ready it for restoration by addressing secondary water damage.
- Site Cleanup – As the drying process progresses, our team clears out debris, identifies salvageable items, and starts the cleanup process. This effort includes disinfecting all the affected materials and surfaces.
Don't be tempted to handle water damage on your own. Leave it to the professionals at SERVPRO of North Niagara County by calling us any time at (716) 299-0330. We aim to make you feel "Like it never even happened."
Efficient Water Damage Repair in a Niagara Falls Commercial Facility
SERVPRO of North Niagara County understands how important your business is. Let us help you out.
The Key to Recovery after Water Damage in Niagara Falls
Appliance malfunction or plumbing leaks in Niagara Falls commercial premises cause unexpected destruction. Timely water damage repair is necessary because the longer water is left standing, the higher the risk of mold damage, electrical hazards, and corrosion. Conducting business as usual is also heavily impaired, and the risk to your business equipment and inventory rises. Even if your equipment is not submerged, higher humidity levels can lead to condensation damaging your electronics.
Successful water damage repair in a Niagara Falls business space is possible if business owners act quickly and seek help from professional restoration teams such as SERVPRO. Our crews arrive on-site quickly enough to execute optimal cleaning and sanitation actions and emergency extraction to prevent further damage. We have highly trained personnel to determine which steps to take first and how to use various restoration equipment to extract moisture from your facility.
Moisture extraction methods:
- Air moving
Moisture Extraction To Restore Commercial Facilities
Commercial premises which have carpeted floors would be heavily affected when water ingress. Light wands can be used on glue-down carpets and are appropriate for the initial extraction steps. Also, deep extraction tools such as self-propelled extraction rovers help with other rugs. Powered by an independent motor, these devices are designed to allow a restorer ride on them, adding weight which improves effectiveness. They compress the carpet and pad to squeeze out the water before extraction through the vacuum system. The devices typically move at variable speeds, either forward or backward.
Other extraction equipment include:
Water restoration continues after extraction as water can hide behind walls and flooring; hence, drying must occur. SERVPRO has the best detection equipment to measure the humidity levels in your facility and the materials throughout your factory or office. We use moisture sensors and thermal imaging cameras to inspect and monitor the moisture in building materials, then set up air movers and dehumidifiers to further reduce humidity levels.
SERVPRO of North Niagara County has years of experience in water damage repair. Call us at (716) 299-0330. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Fire Damage Restoration in Your Niagara Falls Residence
Let your local SERVPRO of North Niagara County professionals resolve your fire damage problems.
Trust SERVPRO to Restore Your Niagara Falls Home After Fire Damage
A fire is a devastating thing to happen to your home in Niagara Falls. Not only does fire damage your structure, but it can also create extensive damage to your personal belongings. After a house fire, it is crucial to minimize further damage.
After your Niagara Falls home has suffered fire damage, you need to act quickly. SERVPRO can help you with the restoration of your property after a fire. We restore your structure, plus any damage to personal belongings, and clean up smoke damage and soot. Content restoration can take place onsite or offsite, depending on how my belongings and the extent of the damage.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
The process of restoration can be divided into four steps:
- Assessment – We first need to assess the extent of the damage. We look at everything, including the structure, personal belongings, soot, and smoke damage. After we have determined the damage's severity, we can plan repairs, going over everything with you.
- Cleanup – Cleaning up any soot and fire debris is next. This includes cleaning surfaces and removing any soot or smoke traces.
- Repairing the Structure – Restoring any structural damage caused by the fire, from minor repairs to major reconstruction, may be required. In some cases, we will use the assistance of other professionals to help rebuild your structure.
- Restoring - We then restore your personal belongings damaged by the fire. It can involve repairing or replacing items, cleaning smoke and soot from items affected, and fixing things to their preloss condition.
When your home has experienced a fire, contact SERVPRO of North Niagara County any time at (716) 299-0330. We will bring your home back to its original condition before the fire.